Project offices, or PMOs, are the key to future business sustainability.
The mission of a PMO is to define and maintain standards for project management in the organization. The PMO must be a strong change, knowledge and skills for the business and company culture, and applicable standards.
The Project Management Office seeks to standardize and optimize processes in the execution of projects. In addition, to be the manager of the documentation, guidelines and metrics associated with these processes. Features
- Integrate project management within the company.
- Provide project management tools, human management, advisory, consultancy and training.
- Monitor the project cycle, from its approval to its closure.
- Assign resources and define scopes
- Support project portfolio management
- Total deployment and consolidated projects.
- Dashboards and data analytics. that allows to visualize analysis and reports of the project portfolio, identifying patterns, correlations or statistics that are not very visible with the simple handling of the data.
- Management of tickets and tasks to control and resolve requirements in an orderly and dynamic way.
- Dynamic, collaborative communication.
- Management of potential ideas and proposals.
- Module of authorizations and minutes of meetings
- Data analytics and BIG DATA
- AI applied to successes, returns and costs
Success criteria for a PMO
Ensure global profitability and meet the needs of the organization
- The success criteria of the PMO: should always be related to the viability of the PMO, the benefits far outweigh the expenses.
- Guarantee ROI: a correct management of the benefits of the PMO Projects to guarantee return on investment (ROI), these objectives must be real and achievable. Considering that not all projects are always won.
- In the PMO we must analyze: what things are we capable of doing based on our abilities.
- Meet the needs of the organization: The PMO is responsible for the feasibility analysis and project structure and alignment with strategy; the PMO is oriented to satisfy the needs of the organization.